Молдавская экономическая академия
Following the independence of 1991, the Republic of Moldova has set out on a difficult way of political, economic and social transformations. In the conditions of the market economy, viewed as a natural sequence of historical development, and the collapse of the Soviet Union, our country has eventually emerged as a new state. Thus, the development of the national economy has become a prime condition in reinforcing the state integrity and security.
Under the new conditions, there arose the necessity to establish a higher education institution that would meet the requirements of an economy in transition, and primarily train specialists qualified to operate in an evolving economic environment.
Consequently, on 25 September 1991, pursuant to Decision no. 537 of the Government of the Republic of Moldova, there was established the Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova. It materialized the aspirations of many generations in the field of economic education and research who strived toward an autonomous higher education institution. It enabled the integration of higher economic education and scientific research, as well as the vertical integration of different levels of education ranging from pre-university and university to post-university.
Initially, our main objective was not only to develop specialized professionals but also build a new mentality in the spirit of freedom of thought, action, pragmatism and life efficiency.
A special emphasis is placed on cooperation with other higher education institutions and research centres from more than 20 countries worldwide, having rich traditions in economic education and research. Our institution is a member of the European University Association (EUA), the Francophone University Association (FUA), the Black Sea Universities Network (BSUN), the Central European Initiative University Network (CEI - University Network). Relationships with our partners have promoted advanced teaching methods and modern economic principles, while the academic exchanges have enabled numerous teachers and students to carry out internships at the most prestigious foreign universities. Special importance is given to the implementation of the Bologna Declaration stipulations at AESM, emphasizing the quality of education, development of scientific research and excellence in academic administration.
Finally, I am convinced that the development of education and scientific research in the economic field would enable specialists and most of the population to promote the development of the state economic potential. The science of economics and the professional development of economists should be considered as key tools to accelerate the reforms. We need an economic science that would reflect accurately and thoroughly the realities and perspectives of our country. Furthermore, we need a closer cooperation between universities, research institutions, economic agents as well as a deeper involvement of the economic scientific community that would enhance the implementation of the reforms. Our common efforts will definitely ensure individual, and consequently overall success.
In 1998, a joint declaration on harmonization of the European higher education system was signed at Sorbonne by the Ministers for Education of the participating countries, who have affirmed their support to converge the structure of higher education. The diversity of degrees granted by universities is considered an important obstacle in promoting academic mobility.
Until present, 45 countries adhered to the Bologna Process. The Republic of Moldova has adhered to this Forum at the Bergen Conference, Norway (19-20 May 2005) and would also like to participate in the establishment of this area. Therefore, its higher education system should be adjusted to the European education standards.
The Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova has introduced the following modifications that positively influenced the educational process:
1. Beginning with the academic year 2005-2006, admission is made in compliance with the new Classified List of Fields and Domains / Specializations and a new cycle-based system of higher education, respectively, cycle I, Bachelor, lasting 3 years, which is equal to 180 transfer credits, and Cycle II, Master, lasting 2 years, which is equal to 120 transfer credits.
2. Beginning with the academic year 2002-2003, the European System of Accumulation and Transfer of Credits was implemented institution - wide.
3. Beginning with 2005 the Diploma Supplement is issued to every AESM graduate, free of charge, in Romanian and English, in order to comply with the European standards.
4. A self-governing student system, implemented at AESM, stipulates:
5. The AESM has begun to elaborate Student Guides for first year students, in order to provide relevant information on the length of study, the curriculum for the field of study chosen, the legislation in force, and services provided by the scientific library of AESM etc.
6. A new system of student knowledge assessment has been implemented and operates for many years at AESM. The general grade is calculated based on summative components, such as the results of tests taken during the semester, ongoing performances, and the final test (examination).
7. To improve the quality of studies, opinion polls are distributed periodically among students, and recently there has been implemented the teaching assessment procedure.
8. In the recent years, AESM has considerably expanded its cooperation within various international university networks.
Автор оригинала: © Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova
Источник оригинала: http://www.ase.md/
Внимание иностранных выпускников российских вузов! Сроки экзаменов для поступления иностранных граждан в магистратуру РУДН
Российский университет дружбы народов объявляет о проведение первой волны вступительных испытаний среди иностранных граждан для обучения на программах магистратуры на контрактной основе. Первая ...
Международная конференция «Сетевые университеты и международный рынок труда (пространства БРИКС, СНГ, ШОС)».
26 октября-27 октября 2016 года Российский университет дружбы народов проводит Международную конференцию «Сетевые университеты и международный рынок труда (пространства БРИКС, СНГ, ШОС)».
The Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (PFUR) announces the beginning of admission of foreign citizens who graduated from Bachelor and Specialist Degree programs of PFUR and other Russian and ...
Российский университет дружбы народов (РУДН) объявляет о наборе иностранных граждан -выпускников бакалавриата и специалитета РУДН и других российских и зарубежных ВУЗов на программы магистратуры на ...
Рекомендации Семинара-совещания научной общественности по проблемам международного научно-технического и образовательного сотрудничества
Проект рекомендаций Семинара-совещания научной общественности по проблемам международного научно-технического и образовательного сотрудничества